10.29.2008

Where Seclusion and Gaudiness Meet

"The Blue Room" often plays on my internal AM Radio. The algebra of secluded hideaway+ secret life with cherished loved one+garish monochromatic decorating+Rogers & Hart jazz standard= stuck in my head since 1998. I like the concepts. I like the tune. Had I but known that the blue room, blue rooms, even, existed I would have taken my sentimental ass to the Madonna Inn long ago. Trip slated for winter 2k9. How excited am I?




all pictures by Phyllis Madonna, from the Madonna Inn site.

3 comments:

noelani said...

love love it. something really great you might like: itunes->radio->eclectic->1920's radio network (the last one). i listen to it alllll the time.

Rachel S said...

Oh yes I'm familiar with that one! Another good one is McVouty Radio, which plays ONLY Slim Gaillard.

Ian Zamboni said...

Holy shit, I love the Madonna Inn, and someday hope to totally creep out my future wife by having our comically tragic honeymoon in the rooms "Caveman", "Hearts & Flowers" or "Just Heaven".