11.11.2008

New Ways to Forget: Old School and R&B

Pharmaceutical-grade herbal mood stabilizers doing nothing? Up each night trying to silence that gnawing inner monologue with no success? Adopt the lyrics to "Boogie Nights" as your personal credo: "got to keep on dancin', keep on dancin'"--ignore your seasonal depression through incessant DANCE! Swap the word "dancin'" for "drinkin'" if you need to-- just make it your own! Use the following Dream Old School and R&B Playlist as your new guide to happy times!

1. Boogie Nights-Heatwave

2. I Like It- Debarge
3. Get Down on It- Kool & The Gang
4. Mary Jane- Rick James

5. Wishing On A Star- Rose Royce

6. I Wonder If I Take You Home- Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
7. I Wanna Be Your Lover- Prince
8. Love Come Down- Evelyn Champagne King
9. Tell Me Something Good- Chaka Khan

10. Rock Steady- The Whispers
11. You Dropped A Bomb on Me- The Gap Band
12. No Parking on The Dance Floor- Midnight Star

13. Push It- Salt n Peppa

14. Special Lady- Ray, Goodman & Brown
15. Glamorous Life- Sheila E.
16. Tonight Is The Night- Betty Wright

4 comments:

Julia Fredenburg said...

Rachy,

I think it would be best if you could put this into podcast format. Or at least downloadable itunes playlist format. Sadly I looked for this option in your blog post and didn't find it. I'm waiting for your podcast. Please send me a link to it, I'm sure you've made it, you just haven't gotten around to sending me a link to it yet. Thanks, can't wait for the podcast,

Sincerely,

J-Darling

Rachel S said...

I don't know if I could actually do that, considering that I don't have these songs anywhere on my itunes. The best I could do would be to provide a link to Sacramento's Old School and R&B station, V101.1. But looking towards the future, perhaps podcasts are in order.

Anonymous said...

You NEED Buddy Miles......andI mean NEEEEEEEEED. "Them Changes" and "Dreams". Simple as that!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

kelly-inkagoshima said...

Haha, oh Rachel, Thank you so much. My herbal mood stabilizers/hosting countless dinner parties have definitely failed to keep the inevitable Fall gloom at bay. Yes, Boogie Nights is indeed my savior.