7.11.2009

Impersonal Apology to Everyone I Scolded Previously About Their Caffeine Habits After Having Developed One

I was talking to my friend Cassie today after a prolonged absence (distance to blame). When we shared a coast (oh those halcyon beachside days!) I'd chastise her for living a life built upon the habit of drinking what seemed to be several pots of coffee a day. I had to mention in that confessional of a Facebook chat window that I'd started drinking coffee recently. "I understand the appeal finally," I said, "it's like i'll be moseying along, and then suddenly it all CLICKS into place and I am A BRAIN and I become IDEAS... and then i have to poop." I feel brilliance, and also my bowels are hotwired to a paper cup in a cardboard sleeve. Sorry you-- all of you-- for all the guff--I didn't understand before.

2 comments:

Julian A. Elorduy said...

I was telling Dylan, Liz and fools... I keep catching myself using phrases I always made judged other people for using and feeling dirty for it. Five years ago, california surf language never entered my vocabulary...now i accept it and wonder why i rejected it for so long. It certainly would have been more charming when I was younger rather than older...

tortellini said...

look how relevant! it applies to TWO recent blog posts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfiLOk3pz0