8.02.2010

How I Wound Up in San Francisco

I am guilty of integrating the lyrics to popular oldies into an already illogical philosophy of life where anything "romantic" takes precedence over everything else, including my own best interest. A pivotal song has been Glady's Knight and the Pipps' "Midnight Train to Georgia," specifically the line, "I'd rather live in his world than be without him in mine," which I recognized immediately as an applicable truth, and has formed the deranged nucleus of every decision I've made for the last 6 months or more.

2 comments:

Alisha! said...

Rachel! I think about that line all the time!!! Like when I have no long term goals in life and I follow my boyfriend to New York... if it helps, I think it was the best decision. And soon enough I'm sure you'll be glad too... no matter how disgusting your (our) streets are. Right? Right.

Rachel S said...

Alisha, I'm starting to think this is all not so bad. I work 2 days a week to make more money than I made in 2 weeks at my previous job. TIGHT.